Little ducklings is proud to present our 6 - week Mum and Baby Yoga course at Abbey studios, Bangor starting Thursday the 26th of March @10.30am - 11.30pm
Little ducklings is proud to present our 6 - week Mum and Baby Yoga course at Abbey studios, Bangor starting Thursday the 26th of March @10.30am - 11.30am.
Ideal for babies between the age of 12 weeks to pre-crawling.
6 week block costs: £56
What are the classes like?
For mum, our beautiful 6-week course will support post birth recovery and provide a safe place with other mums to honour your body. For your baby, it’s a nurturing time to be involved in gentle stretching, massage and interactive play.
Practicing yoga together gives you and baby a special bonding time, playing, moving, breathing and relaxing together in a safe supportive environment. Specialised post-natal yoga enables you to reconnect with your body, whilst gentle baby yoga can help with colic, digestion, sleep and aid development.
Yoga movements can mimic the soothing rocking motion she felt while in the womb. This stimulates her relaxation responses, helping your baby fall asleep more easily and sleep for longer.
Throughout this course we focus on:
- Quality interaction through movement, rhymes and walking meditation.
- Developing core strength by activating the abdominals and pelvic floor.
- Calming techniques & holds for babies.
- Poses to release lower back pain and tension in the neck and shoulders, and strengthening the back.
- Opening the heart space to feel more love, kindness and patience.
- Develop relaxation practices for you and your baby using the breath, finding relaxation in the sometimes hectic world of being a mother!
What do I need to bring?
All mats, blankets and equipment are provided. I recommend just bringing along a baby blanket for baby to lye on. A bottle of water and some comfortable clothing for your yoga practice. Please feed, change and rock your baby during class. Classes are very relaxed and baby-led.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask!
All the love, Emma xx