Mum and Baby Yoga. Abbey Studios, Bangor. Classes run on Thursdays. 10.30am - 11.30am.
Practicing yoga together gives you and baby a special bonding time, playing, moving, breathing and relaxing together in a safe supportive environment. Specialised post-natal yoga enables you to reconnect with your body, whilst gentle baby yoga can help with colic, digestion, sleep and aid development.
Yoga movements can mimic the soothing rocking motion she felt while in the womb. This stimulates her relaxation responses, helping your baby fall asleep more easily and sleep for longer.
Mum and baby yoga is probably the most yogic yoga in the world, as mums quickly learn that things don't always work out as planned. Its great to accept that you may not manage as much as you expected too, and that's fine, its life as a mum!
Throughout this course we focus on:
- Connecting with the pelvic floor to strengthen and tone for long term continence and higher energy levels.
- Quality interaction though movement, rhymes and walking meditation.
- Developing core strength by activating the abdominals and pelvic floor.
- Calming techniques & holds for babies.
- Poses to release lower back pain and tension in the neck and shoulders, and strengthening the back.
- Opening the heart space to feel more love, kindness and patience.
- Develop relaxation practices for you and your baby using the breath, finding relaxation in the sometimes hectic world of being a mother!
Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers - strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know thier inner strength.
Barbara Katz Rothman, PhD
What do I need to bring?
I recommend just bringing along a baby blanket for baby to lye on. Please feed, change and rock your baby during class. Classes are very relaxed and baby-led.
Day: Every Thursday @ Abbey studios
Time: 10.30am – 11.30am
Cost: £56 for 6 weeks.
Ideal for babies between the age of 12 weeks to crawling.
What if my baby is unsettled through the class?
It’s absolutely Ok if your baby cries in class, try to come with not too many expectations on how it will be. Some classes you will be able to join in the whole class, other days your baby may be unsettled and you will have to feed or walk around. What if I can’t attend all the classes in the course?
If you think that you might not be able to attend all the classes in the course, please contact Emma 07922484728. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to welcoming you and your little bub to class 💕